• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock failed message...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

footbag

Registered
I broke down my rig for painting, and began to set it back up. I powered it up and realized I didn't have the monitor hooked up. So I powered down using the mobo power button, but when I started it back up it gave me the overclock failed message.
The only settings I changed are the ram frequency and the voltage. The ram frequency was 1600mhz and the Voltage was 1.55. It is possible that these settings caused the overclock failure or is it more likely the loss of power triggered the message.
Should I push up my voltage to 1.65? Or ignore it and hope to see or not see the message again?

Loss of power triggers the message, so the board normally resets itself. You'll have to go back into the bios and set your clocking settings back.

You're using 1.55v to the cpu? :eek: That's alot of voltage! You must not want that chip if you're planning on killing it with 1.65v

Loss of power triggers the message, so the board normally resets itself. You'll have to go back into the bios and set your clocking settings back.

You're using 1.55v to the cpu? :eek: That's alot of voltage! You must not want that chip if you're planning on killing it with 1.65v

My bad. That's the DRAM bus voltage. Setting the Dram frequency at 1600 pushed the dram bus voltage up to 1.8. I brought it back down to the under 1.65 that is recommended.

Thanks, my guess is it was the loss of power. Will the settings always revert to factory defaults during a power cut?

Back