• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth the Wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-O_S-H

Is it worth waiting until after Xmas to buy a new LGA1366 motherboard?

I'm not in any particular hurry...

Will the pricing be any lower?

Will there be better boards out in January?

A few companies are producing new boards buuuuuuuuttt...it's only new small addon's like 14 usb slots and maybe a cooling part. So we can't really predict if they will be better until someone uses them. At least here, everyone's already got a mobo that's out and can help you.

I just can't decide what to buy ::

It needs to go with
i7 920 (D0)... Have
6gb OCZ reaper HPC 1600MHz @ CL7... Have
XFX HD5850... Have
Corsair HX620w ... Have
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D case ... Need
1TB WD Caviar Black ... Need
SSD for OS?

I don't plan to use multi GPU's... I'm good with the single 5850.
I want to overclock my i7 920 to 4.0GHz 24/7 stable
I woul preferably want it to match my other components (red/black)

I really like the Foxconn bloodrage but the price they charge here (UK) is so much higher than the US it may not be worth it.

The other board i like is the EVGA X58 SLI LE but it's hard to find here... and when you do they are stupidly expensive too.

There have been some great deals on ebay recently but I dint have money at the time. ( Used RIIE for £130.. OMG... Bargain)

What would people reccomend? I don't really have a set budget but i still need to be able to afford the rest of my components as soon as possible.

I kind of like the DFI X58 T3eH8... doesn't really match but is pretty cool. (it's £200 new from SCAN)

Gigabyte's X58A line will also include SSUSB...and should be a full lineup replacing the current X58 lineup...in time ;)

But, it's only worth the wait if you really want/need SSUSB or SATA3. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot the current lineup cannot do :)

Back