• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Intel MB for OC and Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rentyman

Hi, Im having trouble finding the best motherboard that supports 775 intel core 2 quad prossessor that also awesome for overclocking. i also prefer ddr3 memory.

i do not need inter-graded graphics card. but i do got 2x geforce 8800gts ready for sli. there pci express 16x so i need 2x pci express 16x slots for them

Socket 775 and SLI really limits you...you'd need to stick to a motherboard with an nVidia chipset...750i & 780i for DDR2 or 790i for DDR3...none of them were great...might be a good time to upgrade to a newer platform :) i7 + SLI is sweet :santa:

None of them to terribly good for OCing, especially with a quad :(

+1 on that advice. If you're looking for Intel + SLI, you should really be looking at either socket 1156 or 1366.... especially if you want an overclocked quad. I don't suggest considering any socket 775 boards for that type of application.

im hoping to get info on a super fast system, having a motherboard that can overclock a quad core to 4ghz or higher is a + as well as fast memory, any motherboard idea's? asus is good i think

the motherboard i want needs to be awesome for future games. i cant have a system that needs subzero cooling:bday:

I did have some results with air cooling in there ;) 4.2GHz stable sounds pretty good to me :D

Back