• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make it cooler!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L4nce0

Registered
I'm running a danger den T line system with a fill port. I just Oced my qx6700 to about 3.5 from 2.6. I just started stress tests and I'm at 70 cels. Thats with speedy fan, some people say its off. About 50 idle.I don't know, more liquid? Its just a T line. I'm using basic medical water and additive.

Seems stable at 69

Could you tell us your voltages and the actual parts in your WC system? Block, rad size and brand, pump, size of hose, and fans used?

Darn high idle for watercooling that chip. You got the EIST disabled?

Try Real Temp to measure.

need full specs of the water cooling and pc to know if those temps are off, well they sure sound off.

Adding onto Conumdrum's thoughts, you might try a second rad. For most people its not really needed, but it does give the water more time to cool down, and with a 50C idle, it could be of some use. You might try getting a double-fanned rad (You might need a stronger pump if you do get a second rad).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5108086&cm_re=radiator-_-35-108-086-_-Product

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4...ealth_240_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s160

Be very carefull with statemenst like these because they will lead you into mis information and wrongness.
yes an extra rad gives more surface area but we never say gives more time to cool off as in a fixed loop of one size speed of flow has bearing on the ammount of time water stays in the rad. the time will always be the same as long as the water is moving.

the other thing is that without info i personally would never recommend to anyone, getting extra products and spending money without having a bit more knowledge about whats going on. what if its just improperly calibrated for the mobo sensor . oops...

Ahh, good point. :eek: It could indeed be some other problem. As for the "more time to cool off" statement, I retract it. It could however help a bit because of the extra surface area cooling it off (assuming the area is cooler than the water going through it). Unfortunately there's no way I can say how much it will drop the temps. Thanks for the corrections Thorilan! :santa:

Back