• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Bought An LGA1366 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-O_S-H

As the title says I finally bought a motherboard,

I ended up ordering the Foxconn Flamingblade.

I was hesitant to order a board at the lower end of the spectrum at first but for the price I got it for I really couldn't pass on it.

Cost me £90 + Shipping which is the cheapest i've ever seen one.

I've manageed to get some pretty good deals on components so hopefully it should turn out OK.

It will at least get me by for 6 months (hopefully) when I will be able to buy a better motherboard.

System will be

i7 920 (D0)
Foxconn Flamingblade
OCZ Reaper HPC 1600MHZ CL7
XFX HD5850
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair HX620w
Corsair Obsidian 800D ... Will Order after Xmas
SSD or Velociraptor for OS ... Dependant on what money I have at the time.

WIll Post Some Pictures When I'm Done.

I was considering that board for a while (the non-GTI version). It seems to be a real good performer & overclocker, especially for the great cost. I've read some really nice reviews for it.

Good luck with the new build! That should be a nice system. :)

The majority of the lower end x58 mobo are pretty solid with maybe the exception of MSI. My ECS X58B-A black is in use as a cruncher 24/7 100% load @4.0 and is very solid, it’s also a decent overclocker.

ECS Black X58B-A wPrime033.jpg

Motherboard was delivered today.

Now waiting on a WD Velociraptor and Corsair 800D.

Should get both by the new year.

Then I can start buying my new watercooling parts.

Good deal! I had to return my Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R to Microcenter today because it was dead and they didn't have too many left or any that I wanted. I just rush ordered another one from Newegg so I hope this one works.

You will be pleased with that board I would expect. Check out the front page article (X58 Safari). I saw reviews on that board breaking 200bclk so, its not bad...

You will be pleased with that board I would expect. Check out the front page article (X58 Safari). I saw reviews on that board breaking 200bclk so, its not bad...

That's good to know but i'll be running at stock (with stock heatsink) until I can finish my water cooling loop.

Still need a Rad and a CPU block. Will likely get the XSPC RX360 + Swiftech Apogee XT... may see what I can come up with and wc my 5850 as well as the 800D is flawed when it comes to airflow. (if not i'll change the fans out... the stock ones don't move much air)

I will also get an SSD in a few months when their are less issues with firmware etc and I have the funds to buy a decent capacity.

Last edited:
The airflow inside the case is fine. Its not a monster like a HAF or Antec 1200, but its fine. (look in my sig).

NO issues with FW on SSD's really... Just a simple flash if for some reason it ships without GC/TRIM FW.

UPDATE ::

WD Velociraptor arrived today on Xmas Eve.

Now just to wait another week (or two) for my Corsair 800D.

I'm going to replace the fans with some Xigmatek 140mm fans. They look better and offer better performance than the stock ones.

Back