• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P45-DS3R vdroop Mod Reduction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamSaveMax

Last edited:
This is old I know, but i have the same board along with a q9550. Is there any directions on doing the vdroop mod? I do not have a conductive pen, but I do have a no. 2 pencil! I just dont want to mess it up... Is there any bad side to doing this?

This is old I know, but i have the same board along with a q9550. Is there any directions on doing the vdroop mod? I do not have a conductive pen, but I do have a no. 2 pencil! I just dont want to mess it up... Is there any bad side to doing this?

PM sent.
Disconnect the power source before the mod. Just use the pencil # 2 and give it about 10~12 strokes back and forth from end to end on the location as shown in the picture above. That's it.

I have not experience ANY problems at all.

Wow. I didnt think it could be so easy... It worked!
Before i was at 1.44 idle, 1.36 load
Now its just 1.36 idle and load.
Now im within the voltage specs of intel, which makes me feel a little better :)
THANKS!!

Wow. I didnt think it could be so easy... It worked!
Before i was at 1.44 idle, 1.36 load
Now its just 1.36 idle and load.
Now im within the voltage specs of intel, which makes me feel a little better :)
THANKS!!

haha........congratulations dude! :rock:

Back