• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A pleasant surprise...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreeme

Disabled
After much testing I finally decided to go for three loops in my system, one loop for CPU/MB - one loop for GFX and one loop for the PSU.

So I suddenly were one killcoil short... and a friend of me also wanted a pair of killcoils. I also decided to order a bottle of PT_Nuke and use that instead of other additives I have used in the past.
So I wrote a mail to P-T-S asking for price incl. shipping, after I got the price I placed the order, but I forgot to order PT_Nuke :eek: (yes I WAS sober when I placed the order).
Anyway when I noticed I hadn't ordered the PT_Nuke P-T-S had already shipped my package - so wtf - I just had to place a new order for a bottle PT_Nuke :(

Wrote a mail to them again and told them I forgot and asked for price incl. shipping for a bottle PT_Nuke ; here is the answer I recieved :

P-T-S said:
Don’t worry, I actually did include the PT-NUKe for you. Let me know once the package makes it to you.

Thanks again.
Quoc Ngo

Petra's Tech Shop (www.shopPTS.com)

1141 Ringwood Court, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95131
Tel: 408-944-0415
Fax: 408-944-0417

:clap:

He probably did remember my inquiry - and actually gave me a bottle for free

P-T-S and Quoc Ngo is my Santa this year :santa:

My case is now in for powder coating, all modifications are done - just missing the Radeon 5970 now... still not in the shops here yet :shrug: so I have to use the 4870X2 for the time beeing

Last edited:
GREAT :bday: !!! I love lil place like these that take care of the costumer... !

:thup:

Waiting the final build ;)

yup pts is a wicked place. i asked for a quote on an mcp655 basic and once i got the quote paid for it. later on i was told they where out of stock on the basic but i was upgraded to the vario for free. great place!

yup pts is a wicked place. i asked for a quote on an mcp655 basic and once i got the quote paid for it. later on i was told they where out of stock on the basic but i was upgraded to the vario for free. great place!

From now on they can consider me as a regular customer, that's for sure ! It is seldom I experience things like I did today.... props to Petras :thup:

though i have never received a pen :( but i think thats because i do small orders.

for large full system orders i tend to go with jabtech as the prices are cheaper.

I have mostly used ppcs, I don't know any shop that have a bigger selection than they do. And with the dollar as low as now it's actually real cheap to buy from the US - even if they send the packages halfway through the world to where I live :)

But strange enough - some things are cheaper in Norway, especially hdd's of one or another reason ??? SSD were ~10% cheaper in Norway last time I checked.

dunno why tho..

i've heard good and bad about ppc's. i will admit they have the best selection of all the stores.

though their prices reflect it.

Post pics please! I'd love to see how you WCd your PSU.

this was rev. #3 ... I think, and this is from one of the tests, everything is messy...

25ji62b.jpg

I finally decided to move the radiator inside (in front) of the cabinet instead,,,,, I think :sly: (didn't fancy that rucksack look :p )

Yes it's a Koolance - and I got 240V here - hence I got + 1700W continuos available :cool: (specs. is 1700W @ 220V)

EDIT; here is some more pic's - http://xtreeme.no/ - a lot has changed after I updated the site.

Last edited:
If it's just a few bucks diff, I'll still give Petras my business. Petra and Quoc are small time guys making rent etc but they own their own business and are awesome peeps. I met Petra at a OC event in Vegas, great, real human being. Being west coast I get the stuff fast, which does matter.

Ever see my thread on the air-cooled overclocked Petra pen? Sadly, I lost it but I think it ctually melted to nothing from my massive overclock. It's here somewhere, maybe I'll find it someday.

EDIT! Found it! Well the thread at least..........

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599199&highlight=petras+pen

what a shame it had to melt like that. though with that huge over clock you got i think it was for the best. hope you where able to reuse the ram sinks.

PTS is a wonderful place to do business with. A hand written note came with my XT. Really...who does that? Superb touch.

Sidewinders also gets my business. Gary is a very nice guy and has excellent customer service. Haven't bought anything from Jab-Tech yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about them as well.

PTS is a wonderful place to do business with. A hand written note came with my XT. Really...who does that? Superb touch.

Sidewinders also gets my business. Gary is a very nice guy and has excellent customer service. Haven't bought anything from Jab-Tech yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about them as well.

I kinda stopped with ppc's because of their enormous selection. They are pretty quick with new things too.
Me and "my network" have shopped there for ++ $30000 since april - all I have got for free is a little ppc's sticker :D (yeah and a thanks from one of their accountants "because of all my business").

EDIT: They sleeved three cables for me for free too ;)

But PPC's are very proffesional - we had one delivery that there were a missing bp connector - that's all, and thats extremely good with regards to how many "things" they have sent.

Might be that they are a bit more expensive - but I don't care since it's really only small money. + take in consideration that they have the most of their selection in stock ... thats prizeless :D

Last edited:
Back