• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think? (new loop, w/ pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robert74567

Registered
Hey guys, finished my first watercooled rig a couple weeks ago...thought i'd drop by and post some pics and what not.

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/robert74567/Water Cooling Album 1/

pics arent the best quality as they were taken on a camera phone, sorry about it..lol

it's got two radiators, (a single and a double 120mm), a resivour, and is on my (relatively) old am2 6400+ and my new 285gtx

I'm not so sure that i'm satisfied with the temps...27 idle CPU and 32 or so GPU...35-37 max cpu and 40 or so on the gtx... Would this increase if there was another video card on the loop? It seems like it would to me, as the water would have to absorb more heat..but then again i have no clue =p

any way; leme know what you think.

-rob

edit - pictures weren't working.

(PS: sorry the pics arent direct links..i didnt want to post like 20 pics one by one lol)

looks like a good first attempt.

what liquid did you end up using? i see more then one biocide.

and yes temps would go up with more heat being added to the loop.

also what cpu block is that? looks like a DD tdx?

the Ph Nuke and distilled water. I may try cheap 80 proof liquor just to see how it effects temps (more so just because its sort of interested), because i heard that it dissipates the heat better...but im not so sure i would like to have liquor in there 24/7 lol

temps are stock btw^^

but considering my processer used to run at 80 c...im not too bummed about the temps (go go amd black edition lol)

temps look for good for stock for a combo.

and i would not use liquor in there. and if you set on doing it i would go with grain alcohol. 95% or 190 proof.

but at that you won't see a temp decrease. distilled water works best.

yea i was planning on using ****y tequila...who knows if ill have the time to waste doing it tho.

I just poped up my FSB to 215 (16x clock) 4.44ghz..same exact temps

Not exactly sure what im doin but i'll just leave it at this till i have the time to research and do it right.

13223 3dmark06 score

-rob

Alcohol is a surfactant, it allows the water to get closer to the metals in the loop, and hence transfer heat to/from them more quickly.
The downside is that alcohol itself isn't very good at transferring heat (compared to water, at least).

could try a drop of soap. i don't see it doing much of anything, but don't feel like trying it on my system and having to clean it after.

could try a drop of soap. i don't see it doing much of anything, but don't feel like trying it on my system and having to clean it after.

Agreed.

My raid just failed...:cry:. on my laptop now rofl

was running 4.4 with ease, tempst stayed under 35 under full load, knocked the voltages up .025v and the fsb to 240 (and the ratio to 15x) started booting windows but nooooooo.... 'hard disk failure to boot press alt ctrl del"

Back