• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3R Problems running 8GB DDR3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sharklb

Hi everyone,

I have recently put together the following system:

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3R rev 1.0 (BIOS v. F6)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
4 x 2GB Kingston DDR3 1333 MHz
Inno 3D GTX 285 1GB DDR3
OS on SATA 300GB
Data on RAID, 2 x 1 TB SATA

I can run the system only when installed ram is 6, 4 or 2. Whenever i install 8, the system crashes, different errors in BSOD at Windows startup...

I have already established the fact that all 4 sticks or RAM and all 4 DIMMs are fine. Did several memtest, different memory sticks in different dimms. At one point, Kingston replaced the sticks, claiming that this revision number could cause problems with a 8GB configuration. When the new ones arrived, still the same problem.

Note that this is not a compatibility issue. Already checked and they are compatible as both Gigabyte and Kingston state.

All of the above being said, I am going crazy. Are there any recommended settings for this mobo for it to run 8GB? I purchased this hoping to do some serious overclocking, but until i get this issue resolved i cant start. Maybe someone can provide some guidelines for overclocking these, maybe that what is needed to have 8gb working??

Many thanks for any contribution.

Last edited:
Have you tried to reset bois and Load optimised defaults to see if that will actually get them working,

Have you tried to reset bois and Load optimised defaults to see if that will actually get them working,

I have done this several times... Actually, that was probably the first thing i did, before going about testing the sticks, dimms, voltages, etc...

What specific memory? Can you provide a newegg link or the like?

If I was you, I'd use as little memory as necessary when overclocking. Generally speaking, the more sticks of memory you use, the more difficult it is to acheive a high overclock.

What specific memory? Can you provide a newegg link or the like?

If I was you, I'd use as little memory as necessary when overclocking. Generally speaking, the more sticks of memory you use, the more difficult it is to acheive a high overclock.

The memory is KVR1333D3N9/2G (Link)

I really need a lot of memory, so i need to at least get the system running with 8gb... I will overclock as much as possible afterwards...

Have you tried upping the northbridge voltage? It might help it stay more stable.

Ok, so i found this post elsewhere and tried the same settings this guy had tried.

The system is a bit more stable... I can at least load Windows 7 setup and repair the installation (busted from repeated BSODs). I can load it and use normally, but cannot get into regular Windows. What do you guys think??

I also noticed that according to Everest, I have a 20:10 DRAM:FSB Ratio... I this normal?

Well, just wanted to update this thread, so people could use it as a reference when needed.

After the RMA from Kingston, i was still facing the same issue, so I stuck 6GB and put 2GB on the shelf...

This month, Gigabyte released an updated BIOS (F8), weird as the skipped the beta F7... So i applied that and presto! It turns out to be an issue with the mobo as I first suspected, as all RAM sticks were tested fine...

I always believed in the benefit of always updating BIOS, firmwares and drivers and now even stronger...

Hope someone finds this useful...

Back