• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

87dtna

I have a biostar I45 board, and I want to run the new E3200....but it's not under the CPU support list on their website. Sooo should I just try and find a different CPU??? Or do you think because it's a wolfdale core CPU it will work?

The only socket 775 CPU I have right now is a P4 640, and I get no POST but I don't think that CPU is supported at all for sure which stinks because I wanted to see if I could get 5.0ghz out of it on air.

I would say you should have no problems. Your board supports all previous Wolfdale chips so I don't think you should have a problem. It's probably just that Biostar havn't tested the board with those chips.

I would say you should have no problems. Your board supports all previous Wolfdale chips so I don't think you should have a problem. It's probably just that Biostar havn't tested the board with those chips.

Well, thats kinda what I was thinking as well it just worries me lol.

This is supposedly one of the best overclocking boards there is, was hoping to see if I can get 4ghz out of the little celeron haha

Well hopefully it will work no problems. Post your O/C results when you get it, would be interesting to see how far you can get the little chip. Will you be using a decent cooler?

Well hopefully it will work no problems. Post your O/C results when you get it, would be interesting to see how far you can get the little chip. Will you be using a decent cooler?

Oh yeah, a TRUE.

Back