• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to build a new computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorseal

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to build a new fresh computer... Well, it all starts at the motherboard, so I came here to get some help on what to get...

I've been gone for military duty for a while, so I'm behind the times right now. I'm not sure what's good and whats hot/new... It will be a gaming computer. You can get an idea of what I have right now... My budget is roughly 1500 bux. I might be able to salvage the power unit perhaps? I will need a nice case and also a Blu-Ray writer would be nice. I already have a monitor that I'm happy with...

so some ideas? I believe there is i7 right now or something like that?

I was looking at a Asus G71gx or Toshiba X500 series... I want a desktop and a laptop, but these laptops are so capable, I thought I might as well just do laptop only... what do you guys think?

laptop will never equal the gaming power of a desktop. If you don't need the portability of a laptop, I'd go desktop - and vice versa..

This. For a gaming desktop, I'd suggest going the i5 750 route.

Here's a rough build:
i5 750
Gigabyte P55A-UD3P
4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
Radeon 5850
Corsair 750TX
And a case of your choice

Back