• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6X58D Giving Blinking Light/No Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funhole

Registered
I just built a new computer and when i turn on the power supply nothing happens except that the motherboard's (Asus P6X58D) power light and reset light start to blink.

The power button on the case (HAF 932) does not do anything.

The Power supply is a ATX Ultra X4 850w.

I have looked up some other posts but can't find anything specific, most just say to unplug the cables going to the PS and reconnect. I've tried that and it doesn't work.

Anything would be helpful.

Check if you did the connection right PIC
P1000167.jpg
If u have Q-Connector is the white thing to make connection easier.
HDD led = IDE LED + IDE LED -
Power Sw = PWR Ground
Reset Ground = RESET SW
Power Led = PLED + Pled -
Speaker is the 4pin one.

Yes that pin connection is set up correctly. A friend suggested hooking only the Mobo up right now. So i have just the 2 power connections and the pins above connected to it. Still only getting a blinking pwr and reset light.

U Mobo Might be Defective.
Uninstall everything CPU - Ram
Re install cpu put only 1ram in the first ram socket and try again if its not working i think ur mobo is defective/broken.:-/
If u have old Gear like a older psu / mobo / cpu / ram and u can install them on the motherboard try it and see if its work one by one. sometime it is the only way to know what is broken.
Also u can try to reset the CMOS move the plastic 2-3pin to 1-2pin for 10second - remove the Battery for 5-30minute and try again.

Everything is brand new, i tried with the ram and the same thing, just blinking lights. tried a cmos reset earlier today and it didn't work.

I did the process of elimination with all of the products that i have and what it seems to come down too is that the mobo is the problem. Took my friends PS and tried it and the same thing happened.

All i can do now i guess is contact ASUS. sigh.. i hate asus, think i'll just get a dif mobo.

Just did, hopefully it will work out. thanks for the help guys. Hurray for a broken Christmas present to myself :sly:

Back