• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory prices, am i going crazy ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Now that I upgraded to windows 7 i was slowing upgrading my PC little at a time and i was going to buy more memory today. I looked at my newegg invoice and i had purchased the TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF memory 2x2gig sticks for 95.00 back in july. I click the link and now the same memory is 179.00 !! i had to triple check details and yes its the same memory. I don't remember getting a deal at the time of purchase. Is this memory really that expensive ?

This happened with DDR when DDR2 was the standard, and now its happening with DDR2 when DDR3 is becoming the standard ( I can go further back too, but I think I made a solid point)... Sucks, but it happens, and will happen again. :(

Well the mem in my sig (OCZ Plat 2x2gb DDR2-1066mhz cas5) was bought for $45 on NewEgg 5 months ago... it's now $110 (prices keep fluctuating, it hit like $135 a week ago!) And a 2x2gb G.Skill DDR2-800mhz cas5 kit I bought for $36 a year ago is now getting close to $100 as well... =/ I think someone in the accounting department wants us to upgrade!

Would have to agree that this definitely hapenned to me when I went back to double up some Corsair XMS RAM. Might as well just upgrade to i(x).:bday:

To quote fudo:

"So, more than a year after the recession started we're still making less money, but instead of paying less for stuff made by people who managed to survive mass layoffs and had their wages cut in half, we will soon be paying more. Makes sense? Of course not."

For once, the folks over at fudz make a good point.

Back