• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperture sensors for water loops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hello all, I was thinking about getting the bitspower temperature sensor stop fitting for my EK res'. Anybody use these or something similar? Should I even bother getting them? I don't like the idea of using the tape on sensors.

Thanks for any input you can offer.

As long as your temp monitor (fan controller) is compatible with those. Depends on the impedance of them and maybe something else. If someone else has used them with your controller then sure.

I don't see why monitoring temps really matter. It's nice, but really does little for you.

I just load test and check HW monitor, if I think I need more fannage, I turn them up on a knob.

I use a level detector in the top of my res and a sensor for the ambient temp for my external rad case.
its more important for myself to know when to top up and if the machines caught any direct sunlight or taking in warm air. it covers common sense incase im taking no notice.

as for a sensor in the loop, science already tells us theres not much variation to be found so theres little point. but if you want cosmetic technical info on tap then no one minds :)

Edit: quick draw conum #Laughs# guess whos least drunk... any mayhap knows much much more :D

I'm going to need to buy a new fan controller but I am trying to research which one can handle 3+ fans per channel. I was thinking of getting one that has a reading for temps but only if it could be useful.

apart from being very bright the sunbeam controller I have will take plenty of load and offers six controller knobs that you can bank sets of fans into.

its basic, havy duty and reliable.

if you dont like rotary knobs or fancy readouts or more control options then look elsewhere.

I just need to tune my machine to acceptable levels of noise. so once set I rarely go near it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sunbeam/RheobusExtreme

The basic Sunbeam at jabtech is only $14 and it handles my two 120x3 rads with Yate Loons mediums, one rad on each channel. Another knob for my HC, and another two 92mm for top of the mobo cooling. Had it for ohh 8 months now, been fine.

Yep, paint the LCDs tho, they are way bright. You could add a resistor to the LED tho.

Back