• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Corsair CWCH50 HYDRO good enough formy i7-975 extreme?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghurty

Registered
Is the Corsair CWCH50 HYDRO good enough for me with my i7-975 extreme?

I am new to OCing, but I would like to get into it. But not to the extent of pushing the limits, rather to the point where I can still have a stable system.

If not, what reletivitly inexpensive cooler would you suggest?

Thanks

Is the Corsair CWCH50 HYDRO good enough for me with my i7-975 extreme?

I am new to OCing, but I would like to get into it. But not to the extent of pushing the limits, rather to the point where I can still have a stable system.

If not, what reletivitly inexpensive cooler would you suggest?

Thanks

Well... If it was me that were to use such huge amount of money I would have spent it otherwise

I would have bought a 920 and a real good wc setup instead of a "good overpriced" cpu and a lousy watercooling.

But to answer your question - YES - but it wont take you far overclockingwise, probably will a 920 with good wc gear go further ;)

I received it as a present, so now I am trying to figure out how to receive the best benefits out of it.

Use it. Its not bad, it's as good as a top notch air cooled heatsink. The big thing is use room air, not case air to cool it. Replacing the fan and going push pull with better fans also helps.

That said, it's only a 120x1 sized rad, so it can't do as well as a full 120x3 rad and a top block and pump etc. But it's not bad. Give it a try?

Will this be enough for basic OCing?

Where would I be able to find instructions how to replace the fan for a push pull?

Also I am planning on using a antec 900 or cm 690, which would be better in regards to space and cooling?

Thakns

You really don't need instructions, you just remove the stock fan, figure out how to mount the new ones. I have seen a bit on the web about the H50, but I don't pay too much attention on the specifics. I have read it done with decent results, and maybe there was pics, I dunno.

If you look at my sig you'll see why..........

Still, it's a good cooler but don't expect miracles with it.

You should know another thing - HYDRO is made by Asetek for Corsair; and Asetek have a really bad reputation when it comes to electronics

But then again - it might be that they finally made it this time ?
It will be nothing Asetek made in this house anymore .

im pretty sure that kit will not do a very good job with that cpu...
you may look into the kits that swiftech makes...
just remember you get what you pay for....

The kit should bring that chip to 3.8-4Ghz. Its not better than good higher end air, but will work with moderate overclocking.

LIke I mentioned in your other thread, I would most certainly sell that chip if you can and keep the cash. Your gift is a ferrari but you live in a school zone and can only drive it 25. Pointless.

Back