• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p6t bios issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

ok guys ive got me an asus p6t, the latest bios (asus site wont show the bios list so i cant check exactly which one is it)
its like, 0906 or something? anyways
and its ****ing me off
basically with OCing
you know when you change something and it turns off.. turns on
cause its applying the setting?
well for mine to do that, you have to reset to defaults, save, and then put your own settings in and save
after that if you wanna make any changes to your settings
you have to reset to defaults, save, and then load your settings again and then make the changes
basically once you make a setting chance from the defaults, anytime you try and make a change to it
it doesnt actually change it
it just resets and then the screen never comes on, even if you manually put in the default settings
or if you put in OCed settings that worked the night before
its a really annoying process
cause anytime i need to change something i gotta do this reset to defaults process
(im currently working on 4ghz stable)
but yea think how annoying it is
u wanna change a voltage, you gotta reset to defaults, save, wait for the bios to come back on and then load your profile
then make the change and save again
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying

my other issues is that.. lets just say i have 1.275v set for the vcore
in cpuz it says its 1.272v.. and then on a load its 1.288v
wtf, usually its a bit lower and on a load it gets close to the voltage ive set in bios, but not actually "at" the voltage ive set
whats changed?

anyways yea i think my gigabyte mobo does what the asus one is doing with the reset to defaults thing
its just not as sensitive
like if i turn the comp on and it says OCing has failed i just press f10 and save and its works
on the asus one i gotta reset to defaults otherwise the screen wont come back on
oh yea and this voltage thing where its higher on desktop than what ive set in bios has only just started

Back