• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phinix

Registered
Hi, i currently have a single 2GB DDR2 800MHZ Kingston Valueram Module in my pc. My Motherboard is a Asus P5Q Pro.

But when i bought that 2gb stick is was cheap. now i need more ram and the prices are double for me.

so i am planing to get a 1GB stick (and my motherboard will just map the memory) but i cant get the same brand.

So i was looking at getting Transcend Memory. Its a 1GB module, 800MHZ and it takes the same voltage.

I wanted to know since the CL is 6 on the kingston and 5 on the Transcend will the memory still work?

Hi, i currently have a single 2GB DDR2 800MHZ Kingston Valueram Module in my pc. My Motherboard is a Asus P5Q Pro.

But when i bought that 2gb stick is was cheap. now i need more ram and the prices are double for me.

so i am planing to get a 1GB stick (and my motherboard will just map the memory) but i cant get the same brand.

So i was looking at getting Transcend Memory. Its a 1GB module, 800MHZ and it takes the same voltage.

I wanted to know since the CL is 6 on the kingston and 5 on the Transcend will the memory still work?

It will still work, but you will be restricted to the speed of the slower memory.

you can manually change the timings and try to overclock to speed things up a bit .. otherwise your mobo should detect the looser and slower stick and default to those (usually) ..you should be ok .. when you get the new stick and you have issues dont freak out .. you may need to make some adjustments .. but you should be ok !!

Thanks for the quick replys. have ordered it. and i read in my mobo book that it will take the 1gb stick and 1gb from the 2 gb stick to made it dual channel, and sets the extra 1gb as single channel ram. which is nice.

Back