• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Bios Behaviour.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phinix

Registered
I recently upgraded to windows 7. i used to use Xp, and during that time i had my Intel E7400 overclocked to 3.5GHZ, which is 10.5 X 333fsb. and all went well.

to my knowledge that early in the start up fase it is only the bios taking control and windows has nothing to do there.

But as soon as i upgraded to windows 7 my bios wont boot up if i select any cpu related function to manual or put in my own settings. so for example, if i leave it all to auto, the system will post. but if i set the setting to manual and not even change the fsb (leaving it at the default) it wont boot.

I have no idea why this is happening, i have even re-flashed my bios but with no affect.

anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

my motherboard is Asus p5q-pro.

please tell us what it was .. always a good idea to post what solved it for you ... think of the next guy who is rummaging through threads with the similar problem .. it at last gives him an avenue to start down

glad to see its fixed ..whatever it was :D

Back