• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enlight 7237 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kent

Thinking of getting this case with an Enermax 431W. Good and bad about the case please. Thanks, Kent :)

I have an EN7237. For the price, it is a good case. it sounds like you have a good power supply in mind for it. Now, make sure you give it lots of throughcase air circulation, from my experience, I do not consider the two 80mm fans that come with it to be adequate.

Hoot

Thanks. I looked at the Lian-Li, but I really don't want to spend that much on a case. I know they are probably the best, but...

i have it, its not a bad little case, i might recommend the antec sx1000 (1030 w/o the psu) more room, and more spots for fans, at about the same price

7237 is a great case... I agree with Hoot on the "needs more cooling" sentiment though... My first home built rig was in a 7237 and I still have the little beast, along with two other computers built in them... You can find them sans PSU for as cheap as 30-40 bucks if you look around, so I think they're a better priced case than the Antec, though the Antec/Enermax/Chieftec/Alienware type case does look cooler and has better airflow...
peace
John

I have a 7237 and I use a 92mm sanyo-denki intake bottom fromt and a panflow 80mm exaust in the rear and this has worked really good for an air cooled TBird [email protected] using 2.05v

I also can't see spending the money on a Lian-Li when the first thing I do to a case before I even think about putting in a mobo is HACK IT UP :D

Have both the 7237 and a Lian Li PC61. The Lian Li case has better cooling but the Enlight is a good case. It has served me well as I've been running a 733 P3 w/ a passive HS @ 825 for quite some time now. I use 80mm intake and a 80mm exhaust fans; temps around 30C.

the enlight is a good little case, but if you have a geforce card, or a long video card, then your temps will suffer, there isnt much room between the video card slot and the hard drive rack.....

that is why i suggested the antec case....newegg has good prices on them...i highly recommend them

I have the Enlight 7237, Antec 1040, and Enermax. I did put a blow hole in the top of the Enlight. My son now has this case and it served me well untill I moved up to the Antec. The Antec is about 4 inches taller giving you plenty of room. I recently purchase a Enermax with the 350 Enermax P/S. This is the same case as the Antec. The 5v rail on my 350w Enermax is rock solid at 5.07.

I had the Enlight also and like everyone else says the cooling kinda sucks.

The easiest thing to do to get better cooling with the case is to add a rear fan and make the holes on the front bigger by drilling them!

BTW, I switched from the Enlight to a Lian-Li PC65 and my temps went from about 58-60°C to 43-45°C! Worth the $200 price difference, I don't know, but the cooling is alot better:)

The 7237 is a great case for the money. In stock form yes the cooling is not good enough. It only has provisions for 2 80mm fans. 1 bottom front and the other right behind the cpu. There is plenty of room to upgrade the fans though and you can make this case have very good cooling. IMHO it is not worth spending the $ on an expensive case just for cooling when it can be done for 1/3 the price unless you just want the look :) Plus the 7237 is a case that you will not mind playing with and cutting up because it did not cost an arm and a leg. What I like to do for air cooling in these is a 92mm or 120mm intake in the front, HSF like an Alpha 8045 with fan sucking and ducted through the side panel to the ouside of the case, a 80mm in the rear when used with a 92mm intake or a 92mm rear if 120mm intake.

I agree, if I'm going to buy a case and the first thing I am going to do before anything, is hack it up and bolt a few fans and other goodies in it, I don't want to be spending very much...

Besides, I think Antec\Enermax\Chieftec etc etc are all good deals and you get real good performance for your buck. Besides, prices are alot easier on the wallet leaving more $$ for other stuff.

Back