• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp reading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emperor496

Registered
hi fellow overclockers...

need help on my setup, its about temp reading, my temp now idle 47 - 53, running q8200, 3.29ghz. Last time when running 2.5ghz, temp also the same. I dont know what's wrong.

I suspect my waterblock clogged, so I clean it, still no different, I change waterblock, also no different, I even lap my CPU, still no different, I clean the whole loop, no different also. Now the waterblock is on open loop, direct water supply from tap->waterblock->drain, still no different, I try play with the flow, still the same. I dont know what else to do.

the temp reading on CPUID/HW, realtemp, coretemp are all at the same range. The weird part is the temp on core#1 always lowest compare to other 3, or is it normal?:shrug:

any suggestion..?

Please explain your watercooling setup. Some just really suck. Physics is part of this. A weak rad, poor block, poor pump etc etc come onto play.

You say you have watercooling, tell us more.
Rad brand and size?
fans on the rad?
Pump?
Block?
Hose size?
Ambient temps?
Your voltages to the CPU?
TPaste and your application method?
How experianced are you at this stuff?

You do know some 775 die later processors have stuck sensors at the low range. Have you run a load test at all?

Well for water cooling that is a high idle temp for sure. What thermal paste are you using? Sounds like it could be a retention problem to me.

I'm using swiftech apogee GT waterblock, nexxos radiator, 3x12cm fan on rad, 3000l/hr aquarium pump, 12mm hose.

Even when the CPU at it default 2.33ghz, temp reading still at that range..
voltage to CPU now 1.23v

under load it will go to 63 -65 .. I'm using tuniq tx-2 thermal paste, I've try xigmatek, no difference.

Last edited:
One core on my q8200 also has a ~10c variation. not sure what else to say, maybe little to much voltage? 1.31v is all mine needs@500fsb.

if that is 65c at the cores btw that is not bad.

turbohans.. hows your idle temp?

at the moment im testing Permatex anti sieze as TIM! LMAO:screwy:
009-1.jpg
It accually is preforming just like artic silver when applyed right.. well maybe a few deg hotter.

these are my temps with it.
temps.png

Im not sure what to say man, no watercooling experiance here but if that is the cpu temp and not the core temp that is a little warm.

Last edited:
Back