• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Crucial ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penecks

So yesterday I got the rest of the parts for my new system, booted up fine and whatnot, noticed my Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 was running at 1333mhz. I figured this was normal, since my motherboard (MSI 790fx) only supports that speed without "overclocking". Went in BIOS, set timings to 8-8-8-24 T2 1.65v, 1:4 FSB to DRAM etc. It was recognized as 1600mhz ram by both BIOS and CPU-Z.

However when I go to play a game (such as Dirt 2, probably the most demanding game I have, came with my 5850) after about 20-30 mins of gameplay it crashes the game or my system. Also happens with CoD4 and TF2. When defaulting the timings back to run at 1333mhz (9-9-9-24 1T 1.6v) my system is rock solid. Not sure what to do here, I mean the fps difference is minimal but I would like to run my components at their advertised speed. GPU and CPU are still at stock speeds.

Here is the ram for reference. My CPU is the Phenom II 965BE.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148252

Last edited:
Back