• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cpu water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I need a cpu water block that can withstand temperatures of at least –34f or colder.
What is the best cpu block for the price? Preferable for both Intel and AMD cpus.

As far as I know, it shouldn't really matter, but I'd go with something like the HK 3.0 or something that's all metal.

Just taking a stab at this, but it matters if it has an acetal or plastic top as it could be prone to cracking, so I agree something all metal would be best, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

i wish someone would make a list and keep it up to date as far as a complete system goes .. i want water cooling too but i have no idea about the good stuff

Look in the w/c section or search this site bro.. Its out there. This question has been asked quite a bit (well whats the best block has).

^
yeah i have .. its just trying to locate new parts people are getting along with a complete list of what you need to have a complete setup without reading 100+ pages .. bad thing is people post up a thread then dont check back for a while and ends up being to much in between

-34f? You won't find it in watercooling methinks. But you can get that low temps with phase change. Look in the extreme cooling subforum here.

Hopefully the unit im gonna build will get that cold!!!!

^
yeah i have .. its just trying to locate new parts people are getting along with a complete list of what you need to have a complete setup without reading 100+ pages .. bad thing is people post up a thread then dont check back for a while and ends up being to much in between

Water Cooling Guide for Beginners. Only seven pages and will tell you most of what you need to know to get started.

As for the OP, if you can do this, the HK 3.0 copper is probably your best bet. What do you plan on using to get a loop down that low?

Back