• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Dominator or Kingston Hyperx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomic888

i am building my new pc, and i dont know which ram to buy,
i thought kingston hyperx 4gb 2000 mhz or some corsair dominator,
i would have i7 920 and overclock it to 3.8 ghz-4 ghz,
all corsair dominators are kind of expensive, but i could buy dominator if i would notice some improvement in perfomance and overclock?

I don't think you'll notice much. I have Corsair DDR2 Dominators and they are solid. My motherboard is a little picky with them. Never used Kngston ram, but haven't really heard much bad about them so I would say whatever is a better deal.

i use the kingston hyperx, top stuff and for me it was very affordable. stays very cool with the big heatsinks and looks awesome. goes well with overclocking so far, my mate uses the same ram and his chip is overclocked to the hen house, ram still goes very well.

well if you can id say get something for triple channel .. i dont think people are hitting crazy speeds with there memory at this point with there i7's so you dont have to get the fastest ram .. but def look into triple channel ... you can find some good deals on it

I have the Corsair Dominators 1600 and am running at at 1333 with 7-7-7-20 timings so far havent tried going with lower latencies yet. but still go with the cheaper RAM this set was damn expensive

I have a set of the 999 hyperx that does 2155 with 8-9-8-18 also have some ocz that will do 2155 but with 9's dont think there is any reason to pay extra for the corsair.

HyperX has been good memory for me. Even the 6G set of 2000MHz Cas8 with the MNH-E Hypers kicked *** for me while I had them. Unfortunately that kit blew a stick a week after I sold it. But anyone will tell you that those IC's weren't the best, regardles of manufacturer.
My Current 3GB set with the Samsung HCF0 clock really well and are rock solid.

That being said, I haven't heard any complaints about the triple channel Dominators. I've only used them in DDR2-1066 flavor, but they we're solid as well.

Back