• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Much Are You Looking At?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sweefu

Hey,
in search of better temps i am looking at water cooling. At this time just one loop for the cpu.
How much am i looking at? Socket is am3.
Could it be done on a budget of about US$150?

Thankyou.

Pretty decent loop:

Swiftech Apogee GTZ: $50
AM2 Mount for it: $7
MCP355 Pump: $66
XSPC Res top: $35
MCR320 rad: $50
Yate Loon 120mm fans x3 (linked to high speed, use medium if you don't have a fan controller): $10
6 barbs: $14
12" (just in case) Masterkleer tubing: $6.00

$238 + shipping for a decent loop. Won't break the bank, isn't top of the line but isn't too bad either. Pay $30 more for the block and you can get the Apogee XT. Since you'd already be almost $250, you may as well get the top of the line block.

Last edited:
sorry, just saw the new post. Thanks for that. would it be very silent? Would that pump/res be able to handle a gpu later on?

Yea, that pump could handle a GPU addition no problem. Just make sure the rad is up for the job. I've got the XT, MCR320 and an MCW60 (GPU block) in one loop and it's just fine. Had a NB block as well on my older board, but the CPU wasn't as much of a furnace either. I'm pushing it with a GPU and an i7 on this MCR320. You should be ok with a single-core GPU later on, the Phenoms aren't quite this hot.

Back