• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCS On The Cheap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayOut

Hey, I've been looking earlier at upgrading my case to get better air cooling due to heat problems, but I've taken a turn recently and looked at my options in water cooling. The only problem is my budget, and I am fully aware that liquid cooling is one place you should not skimp out on by any means. I've got a budget of about $250, absolute maximum. What can I go with that'll fit my computer (full-tower), CPU (AMD Phenom II, AM3 Socket) and, if possible, GPU (MSI GTS250).
I've been looking at http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/swiftech-h20-220-apex-ultima-water-cooling-kit.html but not only is it out of stock, I have no idea if it fits in my computer. Would anyone be able to set up a cheap, effective solution or should I stick with air cooling? Thanks, and happy new year! :)

Hey mate,
i started a similar thread tonite there is a great budget loop in there, take a look it should only be a few posts down.
Cheers.

Oh, great. Sorry, it's 4 in the morning here, and I'm tired and half-baked, so i'm not the most alert person right about now. Thanks.

damn, that is a pretty nice system.

Dude, we've run into each other in like 10 topics now, f*** it, let's play on steam sometime. tag's Way0utImports with a zero.

anyway, back to the cooling, or the other topic. my god, I'm tired.

if you can find a swifty h20-220 compact kit they are approximately 150 dollars...
i have one was a little of a pain to set up without leaking but i mastered it....
been bout a year now....sys in sig never sees 40c @3.4 with 1.35volts and thats 24/7 folding at full load....
whatever your venture ends up being make sure you leak test very well.....

If you don't want to mess with custom parts ::

Code:
[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108109&Tpk=apex%20ultima[/url]

^^ not 100% sure about compatibility. Says AM2 ... not sure about AM3 but google led me to believe it does fit.

TBH for $250 a CPU only loop is the only possibility.

Good kit.

YOu can get the XT version for more I think... much better but again unsure about AM3

Back