• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6TD Del or P6X58D Prem??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gotts

Registered
I am currently looking to piece together a new rig, for gaming/photo editing and am stuck on which motherboard to select. I am looking at the P6TD Deluxe and P6X58D Premium.

Reason I am stuck is....the P6TD Deluxe is the latest release, after the deluxe version 2, however for only $20 more one can get the P6X58D which is futureproofed for Sata/USB 3. Only thing I can see that isn't good about the board is the onboard sound compared to the Deluxe.

Am I missing something here? I'd like to get my system on order, but don't want to overlook something about the P6X58D and have it come back to bite me later on. Futureproofing is ideal, but not at the cost of giving up stability NOW.

Anyone shed some light on these two boards for me and how they compare?

I have a p6t and p6t del, and both when overclocking will stall at 217 bclk, had an evga that would do 222 all day long on air. If going asus I would go with the premium for the possibility of better bclk and the future-proofing. they are good boards

Thanks for the replies. Which EVGA board did you reference, dejo?

Killer rig Matts.

Since I will be doing a bit of photo editing on my system [Lightroom/PS CS4], it was suggested that I get 12GB mem instead of originally planned 6. Either that or go with a 1156 rig and get 8GB dual chan mem. Is 12GB overkill at this point? Are there any known issues with running/overclocking 12GB on the asus boards at this time?

I'd start with 6GB on a 1366 platform and buy more later if you need it. Yes, harder to overclock, but DDR3 is running fast enough now that you'll probably be fine.

I weighed the options when deciding on this build, between all of the different versions of the P6T. I've always in the past bought the *.Deluxe version of Asus boards. But this time, I just got the basic P6T and I gotta say I am not disappointed. I used the difference in price to get the better air cooling.

What wrong with the onboard sound on the P6X58D?

Nothing. It was just one negative I read of the board over at newegg. Having had the board up and running, there is nothing at all wrong with the sound. Then again, I am not an audiophile. Just wanted to update after having the board for a bit.

the board I had was just an evga sli le, but before it died would scream. blows away either of my p6t boards

Nothing. It was just one negative I read of the board over at newegg. Having had the board up and running, there is nothing at all wrong with the sound. Then again, I am not an audiophile. Just wanted to update after having the board for a bit.

How is the OC going?

Did you end up with 6GB or 12?

Keep us posted :cool:

Back