• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a 300W power supply enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
I’m upgrading my pc, and need to know if a 300W power supply enough for a AMD xp 2000+ :D geforce3 ti 500, 2 7200rpm 80 gig hard drives, 512 megs 2100 ddr, Audigy X gamer, lots of BIG fans and some other stuff????

You have pretty much what I have in my system and I have a 370 watt psu.

I would get a higher rated PSU if I were you. Atleast 350 mine runs fine with all the stuff I have in mine.

My 2 cents.

Even branded with good quality or not I still don't think thats enough to run off your AMD, video card and two big drives since the PSU will be sucked up when overclocking with the rails being drained.

And you should check the rail specs and see if its AMD approved like Flounder mentioned.

Yodums

Hey, thanks a lot guys!! I have no idea if it’s amd approved or not. I don’t even know for sure what brand it is. How lame is that!!! I guess I’ll have to take a look and see. Although I may just go on and get a new one if I can afford it. :)

Back