• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikens

Hi,
I have E6550 2,33mhz and 1GB+2GB ceon DDR2 800mhz on GF7050V-M7 SE motherboard.
Now in BIOS I set CPU FSB to be 1700 (3ghz) and memory to be 900. The problem is that at startup and in CPUz under memory I read 850mhz, and if I lower the CPU FSB freq than I read correct memory speed - 900.
Seems like ram freq is in some kind of ratio with cpu FSB.

The other question is what is the difference between MEMORY and STD in CPUz? And why freq are not the same. Under memory I read 425 but under STD value is 400. And also voltages in bios are set to 2.00, but I read 1.8 in CPUz.

If your memory is rated at 800 mhz then anything over that is Overclocked and your memory may not to run that fast.

Try lower the CPU FSB until the memory speed is at 800. Also look for a memory multiplier lock. If your ram isn't locked it will climb higher as you raise your CPU FSB.

I would recommend reading the sticky on overclocking duals and quads it will answer a lot of your questions.

Back