• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Content Editor Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Hey everybody. I'm incredibly busy and have been letting you all down by not being able to give as much attention to the Content Editor role as it should be given. My duties as editor plus a number of other projects have added up so that something has got to go. There are a lot of capable people here that could be the content editor for our section and do a great job.

So, please have a look at the Content Editor Role post and the Content Editor Workflow post to see the gist of what the position entails.

If anyone is interested or you have any questions, just let me know. Please help our little niche sub-forum out. It deserves better than it has been getting recently from me.

you mean as chief Bumper?

or do I win by default #Laughs#

I got dissuaded about the "must hava a clue bit" but then again a good formans normally duff on the shop floor.

didnt give it the full thought process on the grounds someone more capable would turn up in a matter of seconds of your post :rolleyes:

need a little time to weigh up.... emigration and redesigning a house is sort of deffinition busy :-/

but on the other hand I have a personal need to stay clued up :D

hmmm... ponder ponder

Hahaha...only if you're interested. No pressure. This should be something the taker wants to do, definitely not trying to coerce! :)

nope carnt do it...

no such thing as carnt?

my schedule

2010 Idle/Busy/Busy/Busy
2011 Busy/Busy/Busy/Busy
2012 Busy/Busy/Busy/Busy/
2013 Broken/Broken/Idle/Free!

round about my prediction anyhow :)
:beer:

So....

Water Cooling
Content Editor Wanted :cool:

Damn... I just dont think I have the complete knowledge of that area to do it, otherwise I would. I believe a CE should know the section that are covering pretty well in order to help keep the quality of the content submitted high (but thats not my decision of course!:)). Sure thats what Forum Experts are for, but.......I will just leave it at that. ;)

If you dont get anyone soon, I will do it. Im hopeful I(anyone) can use Conumdrum, Spawne-32 and learn in the process. I believe I can do a good job even though my knowledge isnt as solid in that area as I would personally like it to be as a CE. Hit me up if this goes dry for much longer, I'll see what I can do. :)

Last edited:
I'm tempted, but like ED i don't know that much about WC, though i'm diving in now with my first loop.

Gentlemen, that is hardly an impediment! If you know how to deem what posts would be candidates for frontpage articles, that's step one. Step two is to know how to edit for spelling/grammar, styling and accuracy. The accuracy might be what you're worried about. That's why we have forum experts - Conumdrum, Muddocktor, Spawn-Inc & Thorlian. Once someone takes over this role, feel free to add me to your go-to list as well.

Knowing everything there is to know about water cooling is not a prerequisite. :thup:

I'd be interested, since that was the main position I was hoping for when I applied to be an editor.

It would also go well with your current CE position. Would you be willing to do both Ben?

It's a flexible system, we work with you and help you out. If maybe we aren't seeing enough content out of the section, we check with you to see whats up - see if your busy, see if things are quiet as far as interesting content goes, see if you need help with anything.

As far as expertise, having a CE that is an expert in the topic is nice, but that was a minor consideration when we selected our first CE's. Mainly, you need the communication skills necessary to contact people and say whats up, let them know their stuff is interesting, and you think it'd make a good article. Once they're done writing things up, they let you know, you give it a read thru, and then you pass it on for final review prior to publishing.

Everyone who reads it prior to publishing is looking for technical accuracy, including the content editor (CE) and the lead editor. If there's a claim that might not be right, you ask the author for verification or refer to one of the forum experts for a definite answer. For example, if someone claims modern mechanical hard drives have been around for 50 years, you may think that doesn't sound right. Punch cards were used about 50 years ago. So its not all that complicated, just takes a bit of time and effort to stay on top of things.

The main goal of a CE is to recognize and contact people about content that's interesting. Secondary is the actual editorial side of things.

Back