• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing/updating intel chipset drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[UCF]YellowDart

Registered
I have downloaded the intel 1025 drivers for my x58 motherboard (gigabyte ud5) from intel.com.

When I run the application, it extracts the files, i hit next, accept the agreement, and its done instantly, doesnt even ask to restart.

Do I actually have to do anything with device manager or any manual work, or did it actually update my drivers? Any way to verify?

Thanks!

I assume you're running Win7? If so, then the X58 chipset is natively supported, meaning the installed Intel INF files don't need to be updated. If at any time in the future you have any devices in Device Manager that are either showing the incorrect name (because the OS is incorrectly identifying the device(s)), or there's a yellow exclamation point next to the device (because of outdated hardware information files installed), then the INF files need to be updated. In your case the original INF files were overwritten, but because new hardware supported by the newer INF files wasn't found, there was no need for a reboot.

Back