• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI or Xfire on a Gigabyte P55-UD4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

I have a Gigabyte P55-UD4 that I picked up from the Classifieds for a good price. Now I won't be Heartbroken if I can't run SLI, but can somone who is in the know Look at this and tell me how (if at all) I would go about putting 2 GTX 260s in this, i already have one? I am just checking because It looks like I would get better performance from SLI 260s then upgradeing to say a 285.

I look at it and am assuming I would have to take the "cover" off?

Any input would be appreciated.

I've never used the standerd UD4, just the UD4P.

But the standerd UD4 also supports both crossFireX and SLI.

Not sure what you mean by "I would have to take the cover off?"

All you need to do is put two GTX260's in the two blue slots, install drivers and turn SLI on (if it doesn't pick it up on it's own)

And by the way, two GTX260's rock!

Thats not exactly what I mean. I know it will support both.

The question is, with the size of the GTX 260s, will they both Physically Fit?

Just WOW. So in interest in SLI had me checking out Video Card prices. WTF happened? I bought my GTX 260 in May and It only cost me $130.00 after rebate ($30.00) back in May and that was from CompuUSA B&M.

Today I went and looked at the same cards and they are $219.00. I knew RAM prices have gone up, but what in the hell happened, are all PC component prices going up? The lowest I can find it for online is $180 dollars + Shipping, which comes out to almost $200.00.

I should have bought two while I was there.:cry:

Slightly off-topic, but NV has been short on supply of the 200 cards for a few months now. So prices have gone up. It sucks, as I was looking at getting a new card bout this time since Forum Wars is coming up in a month. Looks like my wallet will hurt a little more if I upgrade now.

Back