• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about going water again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moz_21

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've had a watercooled setup but I've recently got the bug for it. I think I might be able to achieve 4Ghz on my PII 965 if I can get the temps down. I currently run 58-60*C with a Xigmatek S1284 in an Antec P183 case, at 3.8GHz, 1.5v core.

I'm not really comfortable with those temps on the 45nm process and I have all of my old watercooling setup (somewhere).

I have a Pro 120 radiator with shrouds and fans, 2x RBX waterblocks, and a 12v DC pump that was considered the best back in the day (I can't remember what it was and it's not at my house).

So I'm pretty sure I'd need a new waterblock but I think the pump would suffice. I'm pretty doubtful about the rad doing much good so I'll need one of those.

Who is all watercooling in the P180 series cases? Anyone have some pics? I'm curious of the arrangement.

Are those temps Load or idle? What are you using to test load?

The bigger radiator the better of course. 120.2 would be good. 120.3 would be best.

Also, the heatkiller is very good the swiftech xt is also very good, if you can find it for a good price. Retails for around 90 i think.

Are those temps Load or idle? What are you using to test load?

The bigger radiator the better of course. 120.2 would be good. 120.3 would be best.

Also, the heatkiller is very good the swiftech xt is also very good, if you can find it for a good price. Retails for around 90 i think.

Lol, sorry, yes those are my load temps under P95.

I'll look into new rads and that block.

+1 for the Swiftech Apogee XT. I'm head over heels for this thing. The HK is close to it (very close), but the XT is king for the moment. Depending on the pump, the HK might be better for you b/c it's less restrictive. While the XT is surprisingly tolerant of pressure drops, the HK would likely be better if the pump doesn't have a decent amount of head pressure.

Also, as they said, more rad wouldn't hurt either.

Honestly the Swiftech Apogee XT is not a bad block at all, but if you want to skim off a few bux the Swiftech GTZ is still a formidable block.

As for rads the Swiftech MCR220 or 320 will do very nicely and not break the bank. Get some Scythe Ultra Kaze fans and you'll be set.

My setup (cpu only) at current speed idles around 36-37c and loads up at 40-44c. I'm happy :cool:

Hmm well my pump was able to handle dual RBX blocks which are pretty restrictive. I wish I could remember the brand... The rad is what I believe held it back, a single 120 wasn't enough to keep dual Athlons very cool.

Update: Grabbed my stuff and it's an AquaXtreme 50Z 12v pump. 10.5FT head, 185GPH. Is this still a sufficient pump size?

28795135lv7.jpg

is that the pump^^?

if so it's a rebranded mcp650. which was good and still is for it's time.

Back