• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X58A-UD7,asus rampage 2 extreme,EVGA Classified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomic888

i am building my new pc so i cant choose mobo
i thought rampage 2 extreme, its good for overclocking, but a little expensive,
i saw Gigabyte X58A-UD7, it has 3.0 usb, sata 3 and costs 50 dollars less than rampage, but what about EVGA Classified?
it costs same like rampage but when its coming out? is it really better than rampage?
so what mobo would you prefer?

i use evga x58 micro (mATX) and am very pleased with it.. looks killer too since its black/red, but the classified from what i've read is still very OC friendly..

usb 3.0 isnt widely used yet, but if you're looking for some "futureproofing" that would be one way to go.. alot of folks that plan on overclocking insist on spending a good big on the mobo and PSU as they are the most critical components in a good overclock.. if you are only going for mild overclocks (20% area) nearly any motherboard can do that.. but the boards you're looking at are for doing some heavy ocs (45%+)

on my evga matx I can oc into the 45% area and higher.. but lacking great fans for hsf right now.. but this board is not a slouch in any means.. just less PCIe slots (2 instead of 3+)

alot of folks that plan on overclocking insist on spending a good big on the mobo and PSU as they are the most critical components in a good overclock.. if you are only going for mild overclocks (20% area) nearly any motherboard can do that.. but the boards you're looking at are for doing some heavy ocs (45%+)

Imo, the cpu and cooling are probably the key factors in a "killer" oc on these 1366 boards.. But bios tweaks do count too.
+1 on the "nearly any motherboard can do that".

Back