• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Corsair H50 Watercooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Root5098

I am looking to buy the Corsair H50 Watercooling kit for my Intel i7 920 (currently OC'd to 3GHz with stock cooler), but I've got a few things on my mind..

Where in the case can/will the radiator go?

Also, I've watched a review on youtube one of the comments said something about: "The reviewer failed to mention you would have to fill the reservoir because the water/coolant goes stagnant".. Will I need to refill the reservoir after time, if so, how long & what with?

Lastly, does it include thermal paste in the box? If not, any recommendations please?

It should fit in the back where your current 120mm fan is....if you have one... If not, not the cooler for you.

Alright, so it should fit in the Thermaltake Armor+ at the rear then?

I've also heard that you can have a fan on either side, is this effective?

Thanks for the replies, but how about

Also, I've watched a review on youtube one of the comments said something about: "The reviewer failed to mention you would have to fill the reservoir because the water/coolant goes stagnant".. Will I need to refill the reservoir after time, if so, how long & what with?

Lastly, does it include thermal paste in the box? If not, any recommendations please?

Its no better than good air coolers really and twice the cost of some. Its not a BAD product per say, but not very cost effective.

If you are going to go water, go custom. Otherwise, go high end air for $20 less and 100% less worries and possibly better performance.

It might not be cost effective, but I would rather pay the little extra for the design. If it means not having a 3lb brick hanging off my motherboard, I am all for it.

YarwoodUK, remove that ebay link from your sig and please read the forum rules.

Its no better than good air coolers really and twice the cost of some. Its not a BAD product per say, but not very cost effective.

If you are going to go water, go custom. Otherwise, go high end air for $20 less and 100% less worries and possibly better performance.

+1

It might not be cost effective, but I would rather pay the little extra for the design. If it means not having a 3lb brick hanging off my motherboard, I am all for it.
OH, so you would rather chance water getting on your components than a heatsink with a bracket made specifically to hold that weight?

To each their own! :)

My choice isnt between a frightningly mediocre h20 kit, and a misplaced worry about an air cooler. Roflmao!!

I made that choice (looks at sig and $300+ worth of h20 equipment that cools WAY better than any air cooler..!)

Last edited:
Im 100% with earthdog.

If you dont have 200$ ++ to spend on a WC, get a GOOD air cooling for the same price vs this H50. Im not telling the H50 is bad, but youll have similar performance for a lil less $ and Nothing to worry about other than having fans spinning on this heatsink.

Im 100% with earthdog.

If you dont have 200$ ++ to spend on a WC, get a GOOD air cooling for the same price vs this H50. Im not telling the H50 is bad, but youll have similar performance for a lil less $ and Nothing to worry about other than having fans spinning on this heatsink.

However, the H50 is far easier to install than the Hyper 212+..

Many people rave about it...What is so bad?

Its price for performance, like I said. Those that cheer about it likely dont care about price to performance or havent seen a real w/c loop. And the failed logic (to me) in a concern over the weight of a heat sink with a back plate vs the possibility of a water leak or the pump taking a dump. Both issues are not exactly common, but come in to play with the use of a water system.

EDIT: If I was going to pay $80, Id rather have the Prolimatech Megalehems (or however its spelled) which cools MUCH better than even a push pull H50, please correct me if I am wrong.

Didnt we go over this in the thread you started on this Joe??
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624285

(your white stars are gone? You change something?)

Last edited:
What about volume though? I don't actually know the volume levels for the h5o (I'm assuming it's about the fans you use but it could be a lot quieter than air cooling. Not saying it's quieter but it might be.

Hopefully someone will say if it's quieter or not. As long as I can't hear my compy while I'm gaming I don't mind about volume. If you have a loud CPU cooler and you can't get quieter then the H5O might be for you.

Might be bad grammer ^ It's half midnight >.>

Pump + 1(or two) fans

OR

1 or two fans.

I havent owned or heard one, but the pump may be a non issue (I cant hear my pump at all on 3). Still, fans are fans and are up to the user how quiet/loud they may be.

EDIT: But let me say of course that this is my opinion on this subject though at least a few others share it. If its his choice, its not going to perform poorly for him. There are just better/on par, cheaper air coolers. And maybe like Joe suggested, he doesnt want to take his mobo out to put a back plate on there but instead may prefer to just screw 8 screws in. It is an easier install I would think.

Last edited:
Back