• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P55A-UD3R memory help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masonsa

Hi All,

I have been doing a little search around and could not find the answer I was looking for, so I thought i would ask here.

I have recently just got my upgrade kit for my PC, and have a question on the voltage my mainboard can handle.

I got a a i5 750 with a Gigabyte GA P55A UD3R, but the RAM the store gave me (I just asked for a good quality 1600 RAM...yeah I know...silly thing!) was Corsair Dominator TW3X4G1600C9D. I was just checking all the parts before i started building, and noticed that the RAM is rated 1.80V.

Will this RAM have an issue in my new GA board? , or should I exchange for something else like GSkill Trident ?
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=217

Many thanks for your help and feedback.

Stephen.

Welcome :welcome:I would exchange it for the G.Skill or some other suitable RAM for i5. EDIT:You want RAM rated at 1.6v or lower.

Welcome :welcome:I would exchange it for the G.Skill or some other suitable RAM for i5. EDIT:You want RAM rated at 1.6v or lower.

nice OC in your sig man, only air cooled? what is your average room temp?

i ask as i have a very similar build see sig, that i didn't get to overclock yet.

Thanks. It's on air. The room temp in the basement is about 20 C and that's where I stressed tested it. My load temps were in the low 80's. The room it sits in for daily use is average of 22-23 C at the moment and idles about 42-43 C.

Thanks bda1967 for the welcome and feedback.

Thats what I thought, but is better to check ;)

Will learn not to let the computer place "recommend" something, and do some more research myself !

Cheers,

MasonsA.

That's pretty decent stuff...def fine for an everyday rig. And it's pretty decent for overclocking as well. Getting the more expensive stuff isn't going to help you out much for daily use ;)

Thanks MIAHALLEN :)

Appreciate the feedback and input. I will just take the upgrade offered, and finally get to building my new box ! yay !

Now I just need to find some OC guides (still pretty green in that field !) and a store that has a HD 5850 in stock ! ;)

Cheers,

MasonsA.

You want to get RAM rated at 1.65v or lower. I personally prefer an even lower voltage of 1.5-1.6v. Also, don't spend more for tighter timings (lower latency) because you will not notice any real-world difference.

Cheers fire2havoc.

I will probably go with the G Skill Ripjaws rated at 1.5V.

Thanks again for your help. :)

Back