• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory, can't boot. What am I doing wrong.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

red913

I have a Gigabyte MA78G-DS3HP with X2 7750 blk ed. processor. Now upgraded to 2 sticks of 2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 memory. I installed them both in the same channel like I have my previous 1 gig 800MHz sticks and the mobo automatically selected 1066Mhz and the proper 5-5-5-15 DRAM settings...but my Windows 7 Ultimate wouldn't boot. Kept getting a BSOD. I looked it up and found I can only run one DIMM per channel.(oops!) So I moved one of the sticks from location 2_2(yellow) to 2_3(orange). I then had to manually change all the settings in the BIOS to the 1066MHz, 2.1V, DRAM as it wouldn't do it automatically anymore.Oh ya, it's unganged and won't let me change that. I still got the BSOD when trying to boot Win 7. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Sorry if it wasn't clear...but I never ran both types of memory at the same time. Only one type of each. Bigger problem now though. Not all of my memory slots will work. :( seems like only the first one will. The rest are dead or something.

Back