• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Physical Memory @ 30% | 3 BSoDs in 15 Minutes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Root5098

My Physical Memory usage is at 30% with general programs (Is this normal?).
I've also had 3 BSoDs in the last 15 minutes related to Page File or something (Couldn't read them fast enough).

I've tried End Process'ing everything that isn't required to run the system and Physical memory drops to 27%.

My PC Specs are in my signature.

Recent changes to my system are (but shouldn't affect it):
- Changed to the HAF 932 Case
- Changed to the Noctua SE2 CPU Cooler
I haven't had any problems before today with BSoDs or anything, but I'm a bit worried that I've had 3 in the past 15 Mins.

Memoryspecs.png

Any suggestions as to what the problem is? Or a solution?

EDIT: I'm trying to take a picture of the BSoD itself but my monitor puts a big box around it telling me I'm connected to PC :|

Last edited:
Assuming you're running Vista or Win7, check the Event Viewer logs for critical errors related to the time of the BSOD. Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

If you're running XP... Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc, and hit ENTER (critical errors are in Red). Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow buttons in the "Event Properties" window) the latest critical error message as it appears under the "Description" field, and post it in this thread.

After you hit the "Copy to Clipboard" button in the "Event Properties" dialog, the contents in the Description field will be copied to the ClipBook Viewer (ClipBoard). You can then just paste the contents into your post, as there is no Edit-->Select All-->Copy function in ClipBook. In addition you could type clipbrd in the Run box, which will open the ClipBook Viewer containing the copied text from the Event Properties dialog... then perform a File-->Save As, and save the file with a *.txt extension. You could then perform a Edit-->Select All, then do a copy/paste of the text in your new post... so you have a couple different options.

I think this is what you're after?:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 09/01/2010 16:27:04
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: BenY-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-01-09T16:27:04.218817100Z" />
<EventRecordID>4697</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>BenY-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">142</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xc000001d</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x8ad5d8b6</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x9a4d08cc</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

On a side note, I think it may be a certain program that's causing the BSoD as I haven't had one for 1hour 45mins

Last edited:
Seems to be fine now, I think "Core Temp" was the problem as when that's running it crashes..

Back