• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mimic

Hey, recently my old motherboard stopped working and I decided to replace it. There was a buzzing sound which seemed to be coming from somewhere around the cpu. I had a gigabyte ga-965p-s3 and found a quick replacement from amazon a gigabyte p43-sc3g. Unfortunately the fps on all my games seemed to be halved with the new board. I was wondering if there was a setting im missing in this newer bios or something I didn't know about this board.

I have a e4300 oc'd at 3.2 which was the same with the old board.
ram is 4x 1gb patriot 6400

Thanks in advanced.

did you reload the OS. as they are different chipsets may not have the correct drivers for said chipset.

may need to run the windows experience to get it to run properly. also go in to power options from control panel and make sure its set to maximum performance.

Are you sure you've OC'd your CPU to the same level? It wont automatically do it for you...

Also the old buzzing sounds was probably just your heatsink was slightly loose, it creates a buzzing sound. Just need to push it down into place and you would have been fine.

I believe the buzzing sounds are usually attributed to the MOSFET

There is another thread where someone has asked about a "strange sound" and like you, others have suggested that it could be the MOSFET's making a racket. I never would hav guessed that.

Back