• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AW9D Bios 17 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scorpion44

Hi All,

I got a older AW9D motherboard the other day and was playing around with it and noticed that some of the bios features listed in the manual are not in the bios on the board. It has a C2D E6300 cpu on it witch everyone knows has EIST and vurtualization tech. and is in a cpu list I found, but in the bios its not listed in the cpu feature section and in windows vista using the latest intel cpu id utility it says it dose not support either one, witch I'm guessing is because of the bios. I'm not a abit expert as I use asus boards in general and found out that abit is not even making motherboard now but I did find a web site overseas and the bios update is the last one posted. So my main question is can the bios on this board be safely downgraded to an older bios that may work?

Thanks for any support in advance.

Back