• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatkiller 3.0 Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Got this one in the mail today, the instruction for mounting is fine but the last step isn't helping me. The manual suggest the contact pressure be set to 200N (newton I guess?) and in a table provided for all Intel CPU, 200N is 19.6 19.6 what? 19.6 inches? I would hope it is 19.6mm, which is .77 inches. I'd have to dig up my caliper to get that precise measurement.

If it is not mm, then what? I do have an access to torque wrench but it's at my dad's shop (for engine work) and it goes up to something like 1000 foot-pounds and may not be precise enough for this one (it's a huge wrench about 3 feet long, and defiantly big for a 3 inches water block)

PS the HK block doesn't come with hose connectors but uses G1/4 threading so if you plan to get HK, be sure to order 2 of the connectors

LOL, i just ask this SAME question in my post... i just ordered one. Unofficially: from my post "i7 WC Temps,"

I'll be honest and admit that I don't use a micrometer when I fit the HK. I do have one but I'd have to remove the board each time I refitted. I screw it down until the springs 'squeak', to use a technical term.

But yes, i would like an answer to the proper "directions" such as yourself!

Last edited:
It's 19.6mm from the top of the screw to the top of the fastener (mounting plate). I did have a link to a photo but I can't find it now.

thats handy :-/

you check the packaging for vernier calipers?

Edit: Dont need to look into my tool boxes to know im in the "until it squeeks" club.

I was measuring the distance of the top of the screw to the mount plate for my testing mounts, but after that... until it squeaks works just fine. :D

Back