• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mems for i7 860@4Mhz 24/7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4RT2

Hi so i am trying to choose good memory for my rig that is so far:

Intel Core i7-860
MSI P55-GD80
Samsung 500GB 7200rpm 16MB cache SATA-II F3
Sapphire Radeon HD5870
Samsung SH-S223C SATA

Was thinking abuot patriot sector 5 viper ii 1600 cl7 or similar g.skill eco but id like to know your opinion and suggestions. What are the pros and cons of having low voltage memory like eco 1.35v?

Sectors 5 are 1.65V and scos are 1.35V. Is that noticeable diference?

Noticeable as in..................?

Its .3 difference. Im not sure what you are asking here.

Honestly i have no idea :D Its gonna be first rig i build. The difrence results in temp. i gues.

Planing to OC the cpu to 4Mhz and i heard good memory will help me in that so dont wanna buy them wrong.

Just get DDR3 1600 and find a happy medium between the lowest voltage you can find and timings.

I can get Patriot vipers sector 5 1600 cl8 1.65V today and start building pc orr wait until next week and for the same price get Ocz ecos 1600 cl7 1.35V next week. Question is is it worth waiting :D?

Thats a question I cannot answer... :)

You are not going to notice a difference in anything between those two sticks really.

I can get Patriot vipers sector 5 1600 cl8 1.65V today and start building pc orr wait until next week and for the same price get Ocz ecos 1600 cl7 1.35V next week. Question is is it worth waiting :D?

Well I do like OCZ a lot if that helps your decision?

I use OCZ, Crucial and G.skill for most of my builds and love them all, never any issues and they work just as advertised.

Back