• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake bigwater 780e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what is ur budget for watercooling
Mcp655 wit hspeed controler
Heatkiller 3.0 or swiftech XT (cpu block)
Res : u can go for a pump/res combo
Rad: Swiftech 320 with medium / high speed fan
Fitting: at your choice Barb / 45 / 90
Tubing : at your choice 1/2 ID 7/8'' etc...
Coolant : distilled water with pth nuke
Nothing is missing i think?

I'll also chime in on this and say to stay away from Thermaltake water cooling. Crappy pumps, aluminum radiators and so-so waterblocks mean piddling performance for the money you spend. If you want a kit, Swiftech makes some pretty good ones. And cooling vendors like Petra's Tech Shop offer custom systems pre-designed for you that would be much better too.

jeez!! whats rong with thermaltake??? O.O i already bought the thermaltake xaser vi...... i think its a great case.....

As everyone has said. It's a poor choice for watercooling components. The only people here who ever used TT for watercooling found out fast enough that it's junk. Luckily I spent 3 months learning on whats good and bad before I spent my hard earned money. Real watercooling isn't cheap, and there is a reason for it.

TT does make some nice cases etc. I'll say the air cooling parts they sell are pretty far down the food chain too. They are a mass market Best Buy, sell to the people who know no better kind of company.

Thermaltake also does have some pretty good power supplies too. And they do have some pretty nice cases also. As a company their various lines of products seem to be both good and bad and some products are just mediocre. While they have turned out some pretty decent air cooling solutions in the past (for their time period) such as the Big Typhoon series of coolers they've also turned out pure garbage too. And their water cooling kits have been mediocre to downright dangerous to use.

yes just there water cooling thats fearful.

sometimes you can safely buy your way out of having got stuck with TT stuff in the first place.
but armed with the knowledge theres no reason to shop with them :)

ok then could someone help me find good watercooling components? i dont really know aaaannnyything about liquid cooling and i liked the bigwater cause of how well it fit inside of my xaser vi and its all in one.
i dont even know the parts i need for liquid cooling.....

Back