• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rampitup46

Registered
i have this motherboard and this ram which i think i found out today will not work and i need a lower speed for the initial POST (new build) so if i am wrong can someone please correct me and if im right will this work to get the overclock to ddr3 2000? also will i be able to use them together?

will it make it to bios? if it does, you may have to give it quite a bit of qpi voltage to get stable at that high if a mem speed.some chips just wont do it period

Did you find someoen saying that RAM doesn't work with your board or are you just basing your conclusion on this result? Most motherboards these days downclock RAM to whatever speed they need to boot so the fact that your RAM is DDR3 2000 and your board says its OC for that speed shouldnt matter unless it specifically has an issue with that RAM.

Try reseting the BIOS to default just in case and then try alternating the RAM (1 stick at a time) to see if it boots. Also does the motherboard give any kind of beep code on startup or is it 100% nothing?

it beeps once then a little while later it gives a continuous beep with 4 short beeps but only when ive put the memory into it

how do i reset the bios if i cant get it to post?

all motherboards have jumpers to reset it, check in your manual. Have you tried the other suggestion of just using one stick of memory, different sticks, different slots?

if you dont think the ram works with your board, rma it before you're out of the timeframe for it and get something that works.

but as pik4chu said, there are jumpers on every motherboard to reset the cmos.. or you can just remove the cmos battery (about the size of a nickel) for a few minutes to let the memory erase and try again

the asus boards will reset if you start to power it and then turn off the psu, than wait for a few seconds and the power the psu back on and hit the power button

Why are you using dual channel memory, when your board is made for triple channel? I don't know much about the platform, but I might have thought that could be a small issue.

Back