• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e7500 with G41M-ES2L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechJunky

So we were able to get this board/cpu combo up to 3.74ghz.

Here is the shots of Prime, cpuz, and hwmonitor.

It is running Windows7 64bit with a ATI 4890 GPU.

Played some Modern WarFare2 and this thing smokes!

Any advice on how to get to 4ghz?

Thanks!

E7500_G41M-ES2L-S.jpg

I am using 5-4-4-15 with 2.1 volts for the memory. I am using a multiplier of 2.5 for the memory and running at 850mhz.

The memory is OCZ Platinum edition memory.

first off just do one thing at a time. try and keep the ram as close to stock or UNDER stock freqencies if possible while ocing the cpu. 1.38v isnt to terribly bad 1.45 should be more than nuf to get you 4ghz. Keep uppin the voltage (i wouldnt go past 1.45) and watch your temps!

Stock Intel Cooler. Yeah, I made sure the memory oc wasn't too much as it seems to hit a wall around 910-950mhz. I think the cpu has plenty more left in it, but it's gonna require more voltage and a better heatsink/fan combo.

This is the first day and he wants to use the box so maybe next week or so we will try and clock it a little higher.

This is my uncle's upgrade and its purely for gaming so he is loving it.

Ok, so what cooler should I get for around $40 bucks? My uncle set a budget at $40 for an aftermarket heatsink/fan combo.

If you're hoping for much higher speed with a new HSF then you will be disappointed.
G41 chipset has a limitation from going beyond 346 FSB.
So, assuming that go can get up to 346 fsb, 3.80GHz would be max for that motherboard.

E7xxx series do not generate that much of heat.
I use a cheap $13 (on sale) HSF CM Vortec 752....temps are just fine @ 3.80GHz.
(both of my sensors are stuck at 42c idle though)

2hcnqjp.jpg

Last edited:
Back