• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue die that wont clog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustyfender

does anybody know of a way to die the water blue not rlly heavily blue. and i dont care about it being uv reactive. i do care however that it doesnt clog up my blocks and stuff.

i already searched but there wasnt rlly anything that was helpfull

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with the colored tubing. That way you avoid having problems down the road with the dye precipitating out or plugging up the wb or growing strange stuff in your loop. The KISS principle is best, IMO.

I agree with what's been said all ready.

I can understand the reason to use dye: it looks pretty darn cool. But it really isn't worth the hassle in the end.

All dye is bad juju. See the link from this post for the most recent example. Just. Don't. Do. It.

Get colored tubing if you want color. Bad for the loop? Yes - it will stain your tubing, possibly your res as well and clog the blocks up, which will kill its ability to cool.

hope your paying them a decent amount, they seem to be working alot lately bobby.

also agreed on the no dye and coloured tubing.

well i decided that since i already have uv blue tubing with uv green coil on it that im not gonna bother dying just so i can get the color in my res

however what i will do is experiment with blue leds mounted in different places on the res to illuminate the water blue

what im gonna try first is drilling a hole in one of the thread plugs and glueing a piece of plexi in and then glueing an led to the botom of that pointed in

or perhaps just drilling a small hole torun the wires through then seling that with silicone sealant or hot glue gun glue with a blue led in a blog of clear collorless sealant inside (so there are no shorts) then puting this in the top of the ek rube style rad im gonna put in and painting the outside of the plexi tube with window frosting or something like that

one other q where can i get some biocide for my loop.... ncix doesnt have any and thats where i always get my stuff from since i have a corporate discount there

Here you go, a blue LED stop fitting, in G1/4 thread, for any extra ports that your res may have.

Edit: In case you may have noticed, I am a huge fan of Jab-Tech. I have ordered from them quite a few times, and have had nothing but Grade A service, fast shipping, and very good prices.

Here you go, a blue LED stop fitting, in G1/4 thread, for any extra ports that your res may have.

Edit: In case you may have noticed, I am a huge fan of Jab-Tech. I have ordered from them quite a few times, and have had nothing but Grade A service, fast shipping, and very good prices.

me too, i looked there first for that exact product but never saw it.

Back