• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best fan setup for RAD on a HAF 932?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kellygtp

Has anyone done any testing with fan configurations?

Right now I have them mounted on the bottom of the rad pushing air out/through at a med to med-low speed...

I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting them differently? Maybe Pull through rad and exhaust through the top at high speed?

Once I get around to setting up my Haf with water, Im looking at one of two things. I either want to see if i can mount the fans in the top with the rad below pulling through the mess into the rad. My other thought it see about mounting it up off the case on the top, similar to how people will mount a rad on the back. The back will then be where I put my gpu rad.

Once I get around to setting up my Haf with water, Im looking at one of two things. I either want to see if i can mount the fans in the top with the rad below pulling through the mess into the rad. My other thought it see about mounting it up off the case on the top, similar to how people will mount a rad on the back. The back will then be where I put my gpu rad.

Here u go if it gives you an idea

securedownloadb.jpg

securedownload2u.jpg

i have the swiftech mcr320, top mounted, with push/pull fans, and theres enough room for 38x120 fans on both sides, and i think you might even fit a 25mm shroud on one side as well, if one so chose to go that route.
right now i have it pulling air in through the top, into the case, and before i had it pushing air up out of the case, and i had no noticeable difference in temps between the two setups.

Back