• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a waterblock for hd 4890

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: to the Overclockers Forums.:)

The Swiftech MCW60-4870 is designed for the 4870 and 4890 vid cards and it isn't a total full cover block. It covers the gpu with a heatpipe coming off the waterblock to also cool the vrm's and ram on the card.

You could also use the regular MCW60 R2 I believe, which just cools the gpu.

Their website is www.swiftnets.com and if you can't find the block at your cooling retailer you can order directly from them.

I've bought a few components from Aquatuning. Although they have a UK front end on the website they actually ship from Germany so it can take up to a week for packages to arrive (usually via Royal Mail, signed for delivery). I've never had any problems with them although I've yet to RMA anything to them so I've no idea what their support is like.

I'm also looking for a block for a HD4870 non-reference card and had looked at that one but thought it had 3/8" rather than 1/4" threads.

Also check out http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product...zotech-VGA-Waterblock-VGA-IS-Full-Copper.html but it's a bit pricy.

It refers to the layout of components and features on the card. Some manufacturers modify the design either to 'improve' it or cut costs.

I've lost yet another link to a picture of examples and I'll post when I find it. If you're simply fitting a GPU rather than full cover block it shouldn't matter as the mounting hole spacing AFAIK is always the same for the 4870.

You can still use the Swiftech MCW60 and some air cooled heatsinks for the ram and Mosfets. So your still good.

i just ordered that for my noisy, hot, non-reference, xfx 4890.
hopefully have it by tomorrow, by thursday at the latest:bday:

got the EK vga supreme flexi.

just finished it what do you think ?

temps are GPU 28 degress cels

SNC11779.jpg
[/IMG]

SNC11780.jpg
[/IMG]

SNC11782.jpg
[/IMG]

Be careful with that Apogee Drive unit. It's been known to leak and the fittings on them break/crack if there's too much pressure on them. I wouldn't trust just using zipties to hold the tubing in place either. That's an accident waiting to happen.

Other than that, looks nice and clean.

Back