• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New msi h55 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Austin3334

According to msi's website they have a new h55 board that supports crossfire (no sli) with 2x16 unlike the p55 boards that are 1x16 + 1x8.

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...0&prod_no=1978

I'm not a big fan of crossfire or sli for that matter but since i have a single 5770 i may look into it in the future. Integrated graphics doesn't really matter although its kinda handy if your gpu fails.

right now i have a msi p55 gd65

would it be better to stick with my p55 or see if i can look into getting the h55 version?

You must be refering to this link

This is the new MSI Fusion mobo! It's suppose to be able to take both Xfire and SLI card at the same time. If anyone has this board please make a thread about it! I would love to run my ATI and EVGA graphics cards together. That would be amazing. I'm gonna pick me one up in a few weeks.

According to msi's website they have a new h55 board that supports crossfire (no sli) with 2x16 unlike the p55 boards that are 1x16 + 1x8.

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...0&prod_no=1978

I'm not a big fan of crossfire or sli for that matter but since i have a single 5770 i may look into it in the future. Integrated graphics doesn't really matter although its kinda handy if your gpu fails.

right now i have a msi p55 gd65

would it be better to stick with my p55 or see if i can look into getting the h55 version?

All of their 1156 boards are on this page. http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodpage2&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=681

On quick glance, it looks like a few of them fit your description.

The Big Bang Trinergy also offers 16x 16x 8x, thanks to the nf200 chip. Works like a champ, I LOVE mine. Basically it's a GD80 + nf200.

If you already have a gd65, I'd say definitely stick with it.

You must be refering to this link

This is the new MSI Fusion mobo! It's suppose to be able to take both Xfire and SLI card at the same time. If anyone has this board please make a thread about it! I would love to run my ATI and EVGA graphics cards together. That would be amazing. I'm gonna pick me one up in a few weeks.

He's obviously not talking about the Fuzion then. It won't be out for a while, probably after the Trinergy comes out. I don't even think they're sending out samples of Fuzion to media partners yet. I just asked my MSI rep about it though, so I'll post back if I here anything promising.

"The Trinergy is basically the MSI P55 GD-80 on steroids. The testosterone in this case is supplied by a slew of tantalum capacitors and overclocking gadgetry topped off with NVIDIA's NF200 multiplexing features to provide additional PCI-E lanes for multi GPU setups."

Quote from Anand Tech!

Hey sno.lcn! I wish I could get my hands on that Trinergy or the Fusion sometime.

My MSI GD80 has been pretty solid! No issues yet. Knock on wood!

i was referring to the h55 gd65 but i own the p55 gd65. I got it about a week ago thats why i was asking if i should try and exchange for the h55 version, basically for xfire 2x16 instead of my p55 1x16 or 2x8

i didnt think you could put an nvidia card and a ati card in the same mobo... until now

Both Sli and Crossfire at the same time? Anyone know of a board with 8 PCIe slots for quad SLi and quad Crossfire? And a 2000 watts (or dual 1kw) power supply and AC outlet rated for more than 20A to handle that power supply.

Both Sli and Crossfire at the same time? Anyone know of a board with 8 PCIe slots for quad SLi and quad Crossfire? And a 2000 watts (or dual 1kw) power supply and AC outlet rated for more than 20A to handle that power supply.

I don't think he meant SLI and Crossfire both at the same time, especially since the board he linked only had 3 PCIE slots. I think he just meant ATI and Nvidia cards both at the same time, which, I thought was limited by Windows, not anything to do with the motherboard?

Back