• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good coolant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

Hi Folks,
I need a good coolant something like Zerex but i couldn't find zerex any where. I've heard that this brand was discontinued. i just need coolant only, no UV or anything else

please recommend me one

Thanks

yeah, currently i'm using distilled water and few drops of biocide

you guys don't need coolant?
distilled water and algaecide are good to go?

Few things work better as a coolant then water, and those that do are generally toxic and expensive.
Water and just enough other junk to keep bacteria/algae at bay and prevent corrosion. If you're all copper (you should be) you only have to worry about bacteria and algae, which is what PTnuke is for.

No other "coolant" will cool as well.

You can also use straight distilled water, with some .999 pure silver as a biocide. Jab-Tech sells strips of silver, Silver Kill Coils, and True Silver fittings from Bitspower just for that reason. I have heard that some guys have been running that way for over a year with nothing more than topping off the res and dusting out the rad.

Coolant is a liquid. We have learned by keeping it simple and not paying attention to hype marketing and years old links that distilled water (1$ a gallon at Walgreens) and a bit of silver that lasts forever or a teeny bottle of Petras PHN nuke (that also lasts forever, you need 4 drops per liter) is all you need.

In modern WC loops it's copper, brass, stainless steel etc. These metals do not react with each other. If aluminum rads (made by crap companies) are used, then yes you need quality anti-corossive stuff. The best is Volkswagon or Toyota dealership antifreeze in a 25% solution of distilled water. Its pretty blue or red too.

You need more info? Or does this set you right?

I actually use distilled water and few drops of Povidone-iodine. people said Povidone-iodine works the same way as algaecide. i couldn't find the algaecide in local so i use Povidone-iodine instead.

i use dtek fuzion v1 and blackice extreme3. i know the block is copper but i have no clue what material bix3 is. i guess it's copper as well

Back