• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty DK X38 T2R - Q6600 - 8GB DDR2 G.Skill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maspast

Lanparty DK X38 T2R - Q6600 - 8GB DDR2 G.Skill need help to config

Hi lads!
First time poster here so please excuse my noobness :p!

System Specs:
Motherboard - Lanparty DK x38 T2R
CPU - Q6600 G0
Memory - G. Skill PK 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR2 PC2-F2-8500
Graphics Card - have 2 4870s crossfired

I used to have 4gb ddr2 800 and my system was very stable however since I have upgraded to 1066mhz gskill memory I cannot get it stable more than 1 min in prime95 unless I upper the voltage on the memory to something like 2.2-2.350 and then it can run for something like 5-7 mins until on of the workers encounter an error...

I use these settings in my BIOS:
400x8
400/1066 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.3v (tRFC - 78clocks)
CPU @ 3.2mhz - 1.45v
NB Vcore - 1.550v

I have tried running 400x9 but my processor goes very unstable even with bumpin the cpu to 1.5v..

I have also tried going for a higher FSB but it keeps going unstable if I even go 410-425 range :(

Any help would be welcome

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCForums!

Did you have 2x2GB before? When you start using all the DIMM slots, it starts stressing the NB a lot more. What did you have the NB set to before, when you had 4GB?

Thanks for the welcome!!!
I used to use OCZ DDR2 800mhz 4 x 1gb sticks..
I used to have the NB Vcore around 1.45v or something.

Only thing I am worried about is that on the G Skill packaging it says 2.0v-2.1v and I have them currently running on 2.35v because thats the only way I could get prime95 running over 5-10mins.

Currently I am making a USB Boot drive to flash newest BIOS version.

Just quick questions xD is it ok to put the Ram Vcore slightly higher than what is said on the package?
and
Should I raise the NB Vcore higher? (I also notice there is a Southbridge/CPU PLL volt adjustment here also)

again thanks for the reply!

Flashing to newest BIOS is a good idea.

Have you ran MemTest to make sure none of your sticks are bad?

I have just flashed to the newest BIOS working good so far..

I havent tried memtest however I was testing each 2 sticks at a time and running them through Prime95 (dont know if its as good as memtest for testing ram) and they were running fine as just 2x 2gb sticks but as soon as I put 4x 2gb sticks in then I have to up the voltages on the ram.

I have increased my NB Vcore upto around 1.6ish and the timings I am using now is 6-5-5-15 and increased the ram voltages to 2.350v..

I will try to see if prime95 will work over 15mins with all workers on unlike how it previously ran.

I want to look cool at my pc and run it like :comp:
hehe

All help is appreciated!!!

MemTest is better at RAM testing. If you want Prime95 to stress RAM, be sure to run Large FFT.

You shouldn't have to loosen timings and increase vDIMM on your RAM if running at stock or below. So, I would run them at stock specs while testing, and if your RAM happens to be the problem send them off for RMA.

I have tried running 2 sticks at a time and they ran perfectly @ stock settings with no troubles at all.. for hours each.
2.1v and 5-5-5-15 stock settings on all sticks 2 at a time were tested.

So I am guessing its my NB & Memory Controller getting stressed out with all sticks installed? I just get a BSOD when trying to use stock settings (wont happen unless I put the dram volts higher and even then I get one of the workers failing in Prime95)
Grrr... this mobo is driving me crazy.... do I have to adjust some settings in the BIOS or something like chuck the NB much higher or something I have misseD :(.

(I have no idea how people can post their bios template in here, if someone could show how I could do that would be great xD)

Just out of curiosity.. with 8GB of RAM is it worth to turn off page filing so it doesn't use my HDD as RAM?

Hi lads!
First time poster here so please excuse my noobness :p!

System Specs:
Motherboard - Lanparty DK x38 T2R
CPU - Q6600 G0
Memory - G. Skill PK 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR2 PC2-F2-8500
Graphics Card - have 2 4870s crossfired

I used to have 4gb ddr2 800 and my system was very stable however since I have upgraded to 1066mhz gskill memory I cannot get it stable more than 1 min in prime95 unless I upper the voltage on the memory to something like 2.2-2.350 and then it can run for something like 5-7 mins until on of the workers encounter an error...

I use these settings in my BIOS:
400x8
400/1066 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.3v (tRFC - 78clocks)
CPU @ 3.2mhz - 1.45v
NB Vcore - 1.550v

I have tried running 400x9 but my processor goes very unstable even with bumpin the cpu to 1.5v..

I have also tried going for a higher FSB but it keeps going unstable if I even go 410-425 range :(

Any help would be welcome
Definitely sounds like the memory controller having a hard time...Can you run at 390 and see if you can get it stable?
Do you have any way to monitor the chipset temp...the X38 was pretty hot ;)

Definitely sounds like the memory controller having a hard time...Can you run at 390 and see if you can get it stable?
Do you have any way to monitor the chipset temp...the X38 was pretty hot ;)

hey thanks for reply!
want me to try 390x9 or 390x8?

Oh yeah and my temps currently on the NB are between 50-59c, is that too high for NB? Ive put a new thermal paste and added a fan recently.. dont know if its helped much.

Anyways here are the pics of my air flow in case..

P160110_0427-1.jpg

CPU Fan & Heatsink:
P160110_042801-1.jpg

Northbridge fan & Heatsink:
P160110_042802-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried 390 and its pretty much the same result, I have no idea what it is related to its like hitting a fricking wall GRR!!

bah this mobo is just driving me crazy :(

Ive taken out 2 sticks to test some higher fsb settings and it just wont get any higher.. have I got wrong settings on here?
(pretty much default apart from voltages / cpu/fsb & memory timings).

I know this sounds stupid but ive been reading my instruction manual and I have come accross a section regarding the jumper settings on the motherboard.. somelike like:

CPU FSB Select
By CPU | FSB 800 | FSB 1066 | FSB 1333

I used to have it on By CPU and now Ive changed it to FSB 1333, but I notice no difference at all.. could anyone help me on what I should put it on?

Ive been having so much trouble since the day ive bought it just to get the FSB higher than 420ish stable (compared to other reviewers out there smashing the FSB on this mobo around 500ish)..
whilst setting FSB in the BIOS for the CPU multi, could it be that my motherboard is limited by my CPU or something?

Again lads thanks for all the help so far and suggestions.

Maspast

As it has been pointed out already, when you fill all of your ram slots its puts more stress on your NB, thus requiring higher voltage. So if your system cannot handle it then you will have to run at a lower FSB.

As for feeding your ram more voltage than is recommended just all depends on the quality of your ram. Usually I don't see people who run on air pushing more than 2.2V to their Ram, but you are just a bit over that so I don't think you will kill anything. That being said, if the return is you still can't get 400 FSB stable, then I would recommend taking the 5-10 FSB hit in order to use all 8 GB of RAM. While 8GB is a little overkill today, it may not be in the near future.

And :welcome:

Back